View all 401 Jobs
- Job Search
- Corporate Staffing Services
- Procurement Officer
Job vacancy Procurement Officer
Corporate Staffing Services
View all 401 Jobs
Procurement Jobs In Kenya.
Vacancy: Procurement Officer
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) is a business membership organization representing over 1000 leading manufacturing and value-add companies in Kenya. We seek to competitively fill the following position: –
Title: Procurement Officer
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Contract Type: 2 Years
The position is responsible for supporting in evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, raising of purchase orders, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost efficient and of high quality.
- No stock outs
- Supporting operational requirements
- Supporting the procurement process and the supply base efficiently and effectively
- Accurate purchase forecasting
- Security of stock/assets under their care
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Assisting with Publishing and distributing procurement and disposal opportunities including invitations to tender, pre-qualification documents and invitations for expressions of interest.
- Co-ordinate the receiving and opening of tender documents and Co-ordinate the evaluation of tenders, quotations, and proposals.
- Support the Process purchasing transaction for, equipment’s, materials, suppliers, capital goods and service within organizational purchase requirements.
- Support Invitation and awarding process of the recommended suppliers after rigorous selection process.
- Participating in Establishment and negotiation of contract terms and condition with suppliers (eg hotels industry) for the use of their wide variety of services.
- Implementation of procurement records and updating annually standing lists of registered tenderers required by the procuring entity.
- Creating and maintaining material codes for inventory and maintaining proper inventory records.
- Support Maintenance of good supplier relations and contracts
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) an added advantage
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in a busy work environment
- Experience with an ERP system (preferably Microsoft Dynamics Nav) an added advantage
- Business Ethics
- Good planning, financial and budgeting skills
- Energetic, proactive with ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Negotiation, Relationship building management with suppliers
- Team player
- Time management
- Customer service excellence
How to Apply :
Qualifying candidates should complete the online application form (Click on Link here to apply) and submit their CV and Application letter only to [email protected] indicating the words “Procurement
Officer ” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than December 7, 2022. Only the shortlisted shall be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Mechanical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 8 Mar, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Internal AuditorEmployee | Full Time | 24 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Food & Beverage Operations Shift ControllerEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYRecours Four Kenya Consultants Ltd
Electrical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
WelderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Machinist Cnc-benderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Laser Machine Cutter OperatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
General Fitter/fabricatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
See all jobs