View all 379 Jobs
- Job Search
- Admin Jobs
- Corporate Staffing Services
- Senior Finance & Administration Officer Job
Job vacancy Senior Finance & Administration Officer
Corporate Staffing Services
View all 379 Jobs
Senior Finance & Administration Officer Job
Finance Jobs In Kenya.
Senior Finance & Administration Officer (1 position, Embu)
CHAK seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate to fill the position of Senior Finance & Administration Officer in the USAID-funded Jamii Tekelezi project (UJTP). The position is based in Embu County.
The successful candidate will report to and deputize the project Finance & Administration Director to oversee all finance and administration matters in UJTP. The position will supervise project finance officers, assistants, interns and administration officers. Key roles include financial management, budget preparation, monitoring, cash flow and forecasts, financial reporting, staff capacity building and overseeing day-to-day finance operations of the project.
- Ensure all financial books are closed and cash count conducted at the end of- the month.
- Ensure all advances are reconciled at the end of the month as per advance policy.
- Ensure all outstanding invoices are paid before end month and recorded within the same month they are incurred.
- Ensure financial reports are closed on time through ERP system.
- Ensure the JTP trial balance is accurate in the ERP at all times.
- Ensure all donor reports are derived from Nav 365.
- Review the general ledger listing on a monthly basis and make necessary corrections
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation of de minimise and timely remittance to HQ
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to in all operations.
- Ensure budget verses actual expenses are provided to relevant parties on time and accurately.
- Prepare donor reports and cash forecasts and submit them to the donor on a timely basis.
- Prepare timely management reports as guided by the Head of Finance and administration.
Bank and cash management
- Supervise processing of bank, M-pesa and cash transactions.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash & M-Pesa disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report.
- Liaise with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service.
- Contact person for all bank correspondences.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations monthly.
- Review and approve M-Pesa reconciliations weekly.
- Prepare advance requests and submit then to the Finance Administration Director.
- Work with the program team to develop accurate cash forecasts.
- Review controls and monitor compliance with established procedures.
- Prepare reports which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures.
- Work with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments.
- Upload donor budgets to the CHAK financial management system.
- Review funding allocation for guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Closely monitor all grants to ensure proper spending.
- Review actual vs. budget results for maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and provide recommendations for realignments.
- Daily supervision and review of the workflow processes for efficiency.
- Prepare standard operating procedures related to finance and administration.
- Regular and open communication with staff from all departments.
- Train programstaff on accounting procedures and requirements, assist program staff in finance-related activities.
- Train program staff on budget tracking and review burn rates.
- Prepare key performance areas for staff, reporting directly to the SFAO and conduct performance appraisals.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting of Business/administration-related field is an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in a donor-funded project.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in budget preparation and analysis, financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired.
- The candidate should be mature, with a stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via email to [email protected] on or before December 9, 2022 with ”Senior Finance & Administration Officer” as the subject line. Recruitment will be on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Mechanical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 8 Mar, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Internal AuditorEmployee | Full Time | 24 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Food & Beverage Operations Shift ControllerEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYRecours Four Kenya Consultants Ltd
Electrical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
WelderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Machinist Cnc-benderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Laser Machine Cutter OperatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
General Fitter/fabricatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
See all jobs