View all 371 Jobs
- Job Search
- Management Jobs
- Corporate Staffing Services
- Project Manager
Job vacancy Project Manager
Corporate Staffing Services
View all 371 Jobs
Project Management Jobs In Kenya.
Established in 1937 and located at Bomet County, Tenwek Hospital is a Ministry of the Africa Gospel Church Kenya. It’s a 400-bed capacity Teaching and Referral Hospital serving the vast Southwest Region of Kenya including but not limited to Bomet, Narok, Kisii, Kericho and Kisumu Counties.
Over the years, the Hospital has grown to become one of the top healthcare institutions in the Country offering a wide variety of healthcare services.
Tenwek Hospital is a Christian Community committed to excellence in provision of Compassionate Healthcare, Spiritual Ministry and Training for Service to the Glory of God.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit highly motivated, ministry minded, born again Christians with good standing, demonstrating spiritual maturity, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the following position:
Project Manager– Cardiothoracic Centre (CTC)
The Project Manager will support the Cardiothoracic Centre (CTC) Operations and Activations Committee in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing out of the CTC operations and activation project to ensure that the building operates successful within the specified timelines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all processes are aligned with Tenwek strategic plan, vision, mission and core values
- Plan resources and activities required to be undertaken over the life cycle of the project.
- Initiate project ideas from different organization areas (Medical, Nursing, Auxiliary, Finance, HR &Admin) customers, suppliers and competitors (benchmark).
- Assist with Coordinating and communicating between Cardiothoracic Center Construction project team and the operations and activation committee.
- Monitor project objectives to ensure cost, time and quality are adhered to.
- Work with Cardiothoracic Center operations and Activation Committee to identify gaps and help provide solutions.
- Assist in developing detailed, realistic, and timely plans that will support delivery of the project goals and objectives throughout the project period appreciating the unique context.
- Facilitate adoption of proposed practices/ approaches/ models during the implementation of the project.
- Ensure the project implementation focuses on the right beneficiaries as intended.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations in terms of the support that they can provide and enhance accountability & transparency mechanisms.
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Cardiothoracic Center & resilience initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Ensure that the projected resources both financial and human are within the projected budget allocations for operations and activation.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts.
- Support Cardiothoracic Center activation committee to set up robust systems that effectively serve the mission and vision of Tenwek
- Work with Cardiothoracic Center implementation committee to ensure resources are delivered as per plan.
- Monitor project interventions in strict adherence to Kenya government regulations and other agreed standards.
- Use Gantt chart or PERT chart as needed
- Ensure regular reports are prepared and submitted as needed.
- Ensure the acceptable procurement processes are utilized and aligned with the Public Procurement Act.
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies
- Assist with implementing robust activities monitoring indicators including a database for all activities and productivity parameters and timelines
- Develop and regularly update a database for positions filled
- Perform any other duty assigned to you by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree BA/BSc/HND preferably in Project planning & Management or Health Systems Management or a related field.
- Experience in Health Sector, preferred working with Cardiac centers
- At least five years’ experience in the implementation of Health or related projects, at a similar level.
- At least 3 years of staff management experience.
- Experience in managing multi-year donor-funded programs.
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Project, MS Word and Excel and other related packages.
How To Apply
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a
detailed CV and Statement of Faith* addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through [email protected] by 30th November 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for
interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Mechanical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 8 Mar, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Internal AuditorEmployee | Full Time | 24 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Food & Beverage Operations Shift ControllerEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYRecours Four Kenya Consultants Ltd
Electrical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
WelderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Machinist Cnc-benderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Laser Machine Cutter OperatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
General Fitter/fabricatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
See all jobs