Our client, a manufacturing company in the plastic industry, is looking for a Logistics Co-Ordinator to join their team. The chosen candidate will be the primary point of contact for suppliers and will be in charge of overseeing orders as well as any order-related updates. The ideal candidate MUST be proficient in SAP, have a bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of experience in a similar role.
Key Re quirements:
- Management of the OA (Order Acknowledgment) till the delivery.
- Continuous follow-ups to determine accurate ETA.
- Communicating and updating CS about the deliveries / shipments.
- Ensuring that copies and original documents have been received and handed over to the CS.
- Registration of the supplier invoices, ensuring that suppliers’ invoices are ready for payment when due.
- Analysis and processing of the challenges between internal and external contact.
- Dysfunctions reporting that cannot be handled at his/her level or that might have an impact on other suppliers / clients.
- Updating SAP on daily basis with the info received and actions done.
- Establish and/or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems
- Maintaining a good relationship with the supplier.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Weekly meeting with the team.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business.
- Minimum work experience of 3-4 years in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of computer-based tools (Office pack, SAP).
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Flexibility, respect and follow up of the logistic process.
- Acknowledgement of import LC is an added advantage.