View all 371 Jobs
- Job Search
- Teaching Jobs
- Corporate Staffing Services
- Sports Teacher Job
Job vacancy Sports Teacher
Corporate Staffing Services
View all 371 Jobs
Sports Teacher Job
Teaching Jobs In Kenya.
Company: Human Asset,
Title: Sports Teacher,
An International NGO with a humanitarian mission to provide protection and quality education to refugee and underprivileged youth is seeking to recruit teachers. The school is located in the slum area of Nairobi, Kenya and are passionately engaged in one of the world’s most ambitious, unique and exciting educational projects: to offer the very highest quality of schooling experience to some of the most disadvantaged children in East Africa. The school is now seeking open-minded, thoughtful and creative teachers to join the team so as to inspire and educate children following the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-15.
- Create enhanced opportunities for real-life applications of concepts using available resources and project-based learning.
- Plan and deliver introductory ICT classes on a weekly basis.
- Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs. Differentiate instruction to meet those needs of the students, providing extra support to those students who are below grade level.
- Sensitively and appropriately provide pastoral care to our students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Handle urgent situations with consummate professionalism and in accordance with the laid down Discipline Policy and Safeguarding Policy, utilising the school’s support network as necessary.
- Conduct regular formative and summative assessments, recording and reporting grades and performance.
- Attend and participate in regular professional development activities.
- Help the school excel with your participation and leadership in community engagement, competitions, school trips and other activities.
- Contribute to the development and leadership of the extracurricular programmes.
- Provide feedback on quality and wellbeing to ensure programmes are designed, implemented, monitored and evaluated to maximise positive impact on vulnerable children.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Science, ICT, English, Language Teaching, Physical Education, Education or related field or equivalent training and experience;
- At least two years of teaching experience;
- Excellent written and oral English
- Academic or Professional Certificates;
- Competent ICT skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
- Resilience in a challenging and changing environment;
- The curiosity and willingness to develop and practice modern teaching techniques;
- Determined team player;
- Experience teaching low-achieving students;
- Experience working with refugee populations;
- Experience working with vulnerable people;
- Experience in Child Safeguarding and Protection;
- Must be registered with Teaching Service Commission (TSC).
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter and TSC
Number (if possessed) by emailing, [email protected] and specify on the email subject, the specific teaching area that you are applying for.
You can also visit our website www.humanasset.co.ke for more opportunities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interviewN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Mechanical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 8 Mar, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Internal AuditorEmployee | Full Time | 24 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Food & Beverage Operations Shift ControllerEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYRecours Four Kenya Consultants Ltd
Electrical TechnicianEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
WelderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Machinist Cnc-benderEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
Laser Machine Cutter OperatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
General Fitter/fabricatorEmployee | Full Time | 16 Feb, 2023JOB BYSkills Geographic (K) Ltd
See all jobs