View all 969 Jobs
Job vacancy Bilingual Programs Director
View all 969 Jobs
Bilingual Programs Director Job
Project Management Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Bilingual Programs Director, Africa Region,
Industry: Reproductive Health INGO,
Location: In any of these countries- Kenya, Uganda, Burkina Faso or Senegal,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Reports to: Regional Director, Africa,
Our client is an established reproductive health INGO with a leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. They seek to hire a seasoned, dynamic and dedicated Bilingual Program Director in the Africa Regional Office (ARO). S/he oversees all aspects of project implementation within the Africa Region. S/he supports Program Leads/Country Program Officers in their work with partners to ensure/assure optimum impact and results
- Development of partner project implementation plans and budgets in collaboration with Program leads/Country Officers
- In consultation with Regional Director and Program leads in ARO, develop and facilitate the implementation of project work plans in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Monitoring programmatic and financial performance of projects through site visits (with leads and officers) and review and analysis of programmatic and financial reports. Virtual meetings can substitute site visits when the situation so dictates.
- Identification of partner training and technical assistance (TA) needs and tailoring training and TA to ensure programmatic, organizational, and financial strengthening; and as needed, development and implementation of programmatic M&E plans (including tools) and financial monitoring.
- Provide guidance to program leads on the provision of technical support on project implementation and management to in-country programs as needed and ensure that they meet the expected agreed targets.
- Work with ARO Regional Director, program leads, LARO, HQ and ARO Program Officers supporting projects for additional technical assistance support for implementation by partners.
- Ensure that program staff are trained in carrying out TA and other program management functions, including follow up on systems development, supervision, service delivery, financial and commodity management, and project evaluation issues. Keep with other TA related tasks.
- Provide on-site/virtual Technical Assistance (TA) and obtain specialized TA for grantees as required.
- Works with the Grants & Compliance team on overall project financial management to ensure pipelines are accurate, meet timelines for the set objectives.
- Ensure timely and regular reporting of all project’s activities and expenses to Africa Regional Director, donors and HQ
- Work with finance to provide financial oversight for all project activities.
- Coordinates the production of project donor reports in a timely manner and works with the Regional Director and other program leads/teams on finalizing donor reports for submission to HQ.
- Guide program leads/officers in writing project updates and reports as needed and share with the Regional Director, Africa.
- Provide guidance and leadership to program leads on writing abstracts and articles for publication and makes presentations at meetings and conferences.
- In collaboration with the Program Learning Team, oversees overall program monitoring and evaluation through reports and on-site visits as well as ensuring accurate data for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
- Work with partner organizations and project staff in conducting project reviews and development of refunding proposals based on results of the review processes.
- Promote learning, knowledge management and testing of innovative approaches to address critical challenges in program implementation.
- Work collaboratively with Latin America and US-based headquarters staff to promote cross-regional learning and collaboration; .
- Collaborates on program evaluation and other relevant SRHR research activities.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure program teams remain compliant to the processes and procedures
- Work with ARO SMT members and country teams to plan, develop and align ARO strategies and interventions across program countries with the divisional strategic priorities.
- Track progress towards Global’s strategic plan and specific donor objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning and the design of new project initiatives,
- Manage, lead, and develop in country focal point persons, to ensure effective management and high performance.
- Assists/leads on new partnership opportunities including the development of technical proposals.
- Participation in the orientation of new (program) staff on the Global systems and procedures and project management.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat on implementation of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) by the Global partners.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Director.
- Regularly interacts with other regional office staff (ARO/LARO) and collaborates with New York office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals.
- Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, to advance Global interests.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in public health, SRHR, international development, sociology or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and working with programs to identify and address training and technical assistance needs, preferably with a reproductive health and rights focus.
- Experience working on SRHR is required
- Experience working in multi-sector programs.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail and follow through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills, both English and French is a MUST
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis applications).
- Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyse and propose solutions is part of everyday activities, and cultural sensitivity is imperative.
- Knowledge of reproductive health issues.
- Must be willing to travel within the country and outside the country
- Candidates from Senegal, Burkina Faso, Uganda or Kenya are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Bilingual Program Director) to [email protected] before 30th September 2022N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs