What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world. DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their professional and personal lives.
The purpose of this role is to participate in the safe, accurate and timely processing - scan, unload, cross dock and/or load, of in-bound and out-bound freight, to meet DHL on-time performance standards. This role is responsible for facilitating both inbound and outbound shipments. You will support the business by accurately and efficiently managing shipments and packages in order to serve our customers’ needs to the best of our ability. Join us and help us achieve our mission of having the best day every day.
• Must have ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70 lbs per piece unassisted, throughout shift
• Proficient, expedient computer and Data entry skills min 30 .
• 100% accuracy in sort to minimize missorts.
• Meet company productivity targets.
• Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Handle shipments in a manner that minimizes damage.
• Paperwork is 100% complete, accurate and on time.
• Shipment processing complies 100% with Transport of Dangerous Goods requirements
• Follow policy and procedures as outlined by shift Supervisor
• Maintain a secure and safe working environment for all staff
• Comply with Collective Agreement
• Alert operations management of service issues immediately as they occur.
• A minimum Diploma or degree in any numerical of financial courses, Supply chain, Logistics or Business administration.
• Broad general working knowledge of warehouse functions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the DHL operations system.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and on time within tight time constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Intermediate PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
DHL has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other's differences while recognizing individual strength. DHL never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
• Scan freight as per Global SOP in various programs.
• Move freight within the warehouse area as per requirements.
• Accurately sort & process, by deadlines, in-bound and outbound material.
• Assist Tracing Department with thorough warehouse checks for missorts, on-hands, etc
• Participate in maintaining a safe and co-operative work environment.
• Responding to emails and trace requests.
• Picking, packaging and dispatching orders.
• Counting and checking stock to ensure quality control and solving stock discrepancies.
• Liaise with couriers related to orders and deliveries
• Ensure the safety of themselves and others at all times.
• Ensuring all documentation is accurate and up to date.
• Assisting with the receipt of incoming goods and container unloading.
• Be accountable, collaborate and engage with all departments.
• Assist in training and further development of new staff.
• Other warehouse/retail duties as assigned by the shift Supervisor.
• Globally certified “Great Place to Work”.
• Very supportive teams with driven by the same purpose: Connecting People & Improving Lives.
• Extensive global network of like-minded sales colleagues across business units.
• Competitive remuneration package.
• Strong sustainability commitments including and beyond social and environmental responsibilities.
• Certified Training Programs for all our employees to support their career and growth aspirations.
• State-of-the-art digital tools, and company paid IPhone.
• An amazing working environment – Beautiful modern office space.
• Generous vacation time, in addition to our annual company holidays.
• Onsite free parking.
• Free 24/7 Virtual Healthcare for all employees and their dependents.
• Onsite CAFÉ facilities available.
• Flexible working arrangements.
• Robust training and professional development programs, including global digitally enabled learning.