View all 1003 Jobs
Job vacancy GM Operations & Execution
View all 1003 Jobs
GM Operations & Execution
Administration Jobs In Kenya.
Position: GM Operations & Execution,
Our client is a leading provider of commercial and industrial (C&I) solar solutions globally. They are working to replicate that achievement in Kenya. They are looking to hire a GM-Operations & Execution who will be tasked with ensuring project execution. He/she must oversee the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of C&I solar projects to the highest degree of quality. They will be expected to build and steward agile and scalable systems, structures, processes, logistics and tools that efficiently tie together technical, finance, and logistics functions and systems. They will also provide high-level project management of solar installations from initial design and delivery through installation and aftersales. This position will report directly to the VP for Africa
- Ensuring project execution
- Design, installation, operation, and maintenance of Commercial & Industrial solar projects to the highest degree of quality, beginning with 5-7MW in FY 22-23.
- Build and steward agile and scalable systems, structures, processes, logistics and tools that efficiently tie together our technical, finance, and logistics functions and systems.
- Provide high-level project management of our solar installations from initial design and delivery through installation and aftersales.
- Direct line management of the Technical, Finance and Logistics Managers
- Overseeing a total team of eight people across the three functions.
- Accountable for execution of all solar projects from the final stages of development through to commissioning with a focus on efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Coordination of financing partners, clients, technical team, and subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate design deliverables required for project approvals and payments.
- Oversight of all project supply chain and logistics to ensure timely, low-cost, and accurate delivery of C&I systems and coordination of all accessories, equipment, and personnel necessary for effective execution.
- Oversight and coordination of the technical team and a range of key contractors to ensure installation of all new C&I PV systems to the highest degree of quality, legal compliance, and safety, and to the satisfaction of the customers and financing partners.
- Integration of the finance team through project lifespan to ensure timely and accurate disbursals, payments, billing, collections, and effective budget and cash management.
- Flawless oversight of digital record keeping and information management across all project stages in line with legal and partner requirements and best practices.
- Alignment with the HQ on supply chain logistics, technical and financial matters where required; be part of a global team.
Operations & Maintenance
- Accountable for delivery of all O&M contracts and commitments with a focus on responsiveness, logistical efficiency, quality workmanship, and customer communications.
- Costing, drafting, and vetting new O&M agreements with clients and financing partners.
- Building and managing a cost-efficient and reliable O&M subcontractor network.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance schedules and budgets are kept and adhered to.
- Accountability for gross profitability of all C&I solar projects and O&M contracts.
- Preparation and analysis of C&I project pricing and budgets.
- Negotiation and management of key project subcontracts and service agreements.
- Managing day-to-day operational budget and cash disbursements.
- Monthly final review and approval to VP of cash flow, P&L, and stock listing.
Systems, Processes, & IT
- Develop, refine, and drive buy-in to effective cross-functional SOPs including:
- Project management
- People operations
- Regulatory compliance (KRA, EPRA, etc.)
- Health, safety, and environment
- Record keeping and information management
- Drive effective cross-functional use of cloud-based applications and other IT systems to ensure fast and informed decision-making through information access and integration.
- Identify and develop digital tools, templates, and processes to improve all operations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree /Master’s degree in business administration, sales, marketing or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in an operational and/or project management capacity with at least two years as a senior leader with team management and bottom-line budgetary responsibility.
- Track record in the C&I solar industry with a strong operational and project management achievements.
- Experience working internationally, collaborating with remote cross-cultural teams.
- Highly detail-oriented, analytical, and quantitative.
- You are a data driven master of spreadsheets spanning budgets, costing, pricing, ROI, financial statements, solar generation reports, etc.
- A systems thinker. You love building structures, systems, and processes as part of a constant quest for efficiency and quality improvements.
- Verifiable experience managing or supporting the operations and logistics behind long (3-9+ month) and high-value ($50,000 – >$1,000,000) construction or other CAPEX projects from development through to completion and aftersales.
- Superb professional communicator. You are crisp, clear, and specific in your oral and email communications with a knack for clear and effective presentations, flow charts, policy docs etc.
- Problem solver. You are a critical thinker who runs towards and not away from unexpected challenges. You are comfortable innovating and taking decisive action autonomously.
- Technophile. You are excited by learning and deploying new digital tools internally and learning about new technical disciplines related to solar so that you can understand and speak confidently about the products and services and make informed decisions when problems arise.
- Team player and partnership leader. You are confident and capable of collaborating and negotiating with senior leaders and decision makers from our growing network client and partner organizations.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (GM Operations & Execution) to [email protected] before or on 30th June 2022.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs