View all 1003 Jobs
Job vacancy Head of Supply Chain
View all 1003 Jobs
Head of Supply Chain Job
Logistics Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Head of Supply Chain – Manufacturing,
Reports to: Managing Director,
Location: Ruiru, Kiambu,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Our client a leading general Manufacturing Company is seeking for a highly skilled and experienced Supply Chain Manager, to ensure the supply chain and logistics operations function properly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for every stage of the company’s supply chain, from purchasing raw materials to production. They must ensure that the product comes at just the right time and coordinate storage for it, so nothing goes missing or gets damaged along this complex process.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with other departments, such as Operations and Finance, to create effective business plans, so teamwork skills are important. You should also have experience in project management, as well as great leadership and communication ability.
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies for Supply chain Department to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Set overall direction for Supply Chain collaboration in the Sales, Finance, Operations, and Manufacturing Planning (S&OP) process and drive KPI to ensure material procurement is timely, efficient and optimal cost and Conducting market surveys and evaluations.
- Business Performance: Develop and drive performance promise and target.
- Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracting and managing vendors performance and all company procurements to minimize purchase costs, ensure uninterrupted supplies and grow company’s profitability.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain optimal contracts and pricing as well as setting up various procurement committees
- Leading the company’s supply chain operation from an operations standpoint
- Management of 3PL’s, local and international partnerships
- Improve company profitability through building a cost effective procurement strategies e.g. hedging, contract negotiations, stock option etc.
- Benchmarking and representation-Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with business partners, authorities etc.
- Management and disposal of wastes: Chips& scraps, Defective products and Chemical wastes in liaison with other departments as per policy.
- Equip supply chain team with skills and capabilities to grow great careers, creating value and shaping future to deliver company’s performance ambition.
- Support Organization projects and deliver to satisfaction assigned projects for all.
- Inspire team and grow talents through Coaching, mentoring etc. and thus create one amazing and highly engaged team.
- Performs work order variance analysis and reviews to ensure accuracy of information, reconciles supply and demand, validates master scheduling requirements
- Analyses usage data, stock levels to order parts to satisfy service levels, maintains inventory levels per plan and expedites shortages and forecast spare parts needs
- Capacity projection, planning and analysis and forecast demand
- Responsible for inventory control, stock planning and coordination of cycle counts
- Identifies, negotiates, and resolves conflicts within supply chain processes.
- Reporting to illustrate capacity, production plans, schedules, potential risk and resources required to expand business
- Coordinates with other department to manage and plan fast track orders
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field.
- Working Experience: At least 5 years of working experience in Supply Chain Management / Logistics area at a management, supervisory or team leader experience within supply chain environment.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Supply Chain Management / process knowledge, ERP experience, foreign documentary trade, analytical thinking, leading with key performances indicators, good communications skills.
- Able to work independently and autonomously.
- Strong communication and effective collaborative working with various levels within the company and different functions.
- Strong in customer focus, planning, coordination, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Preferably has a background in manufacturing sector.
How to Apply
If you meet these criteria and also possess a strategic, analytical mind, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Supply Chain – Manufacturing) to [email protected] by 29th June 2022.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs