View all 973 Jobs
Job vacancy Project Director
View all 973 Jobs
Project Director Job
Project Management Jobs In Kenya.
Company: Trees for the Future,
Position: Project Director,
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs,
Location: West Kenya,
Trees for the Future (TREES) is a global leader in agroforestry training where they train farmers in sustainable land use, empowering them to build vibrant regional economies, thriving food systems, and a healthier planet. They seek to recruit a Project Director who will be reaching 15,000 farmers in Homa Bay, Kisumu, and Migori counties and network effectively with all areas of the TREES organization to ensure full coordination and delivery of intended results.
- Lead a groundbreaking and truly transformational program to deliver over 4.3 million verified carbon units in compliance with the highest global standards;
- demonstrate the profitability of well-validated, nature-based carbon off-sets and inclusion of smallholder farmers in these benefits;
- Be part of an experienced, focused, and entrepreneurial organization in Kenya and globally
- Developing scopes of work and overseeing the delivery of various inputs from third-party specialists, including IT consultants, legal counsel, auditors, agricultural suppliers, and others.
- Understand and operate under the requirements of current best practices in gender analysis and inclusiveness, transparent community participation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Work as a productive team player and gain the confidence and partnership of colleagues in various functions of an organization, including in Kenya and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus
- At least 8-10 years of increasingly responsible project management experience, preferably in international development with a clear track record of delivering results;
- Deep understanding of all aspects involved in delivering large scale projects, including all aspects of project management, design and course correction, monitoring and evaluation, stakeholder management, budget development, and management and project reporting;
- Experience or substantial familiarity with key players, standards, and dynamics of the growing carbon trading sector;
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated capacity to report to a high-level Project Review Committee;
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills –mastery of conveying complex quantitative information clearly and concisely
- A deep passion for reducing poverty, regenerating landscapes, and mitigating climate change
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
We’re thrilled that you want to change the world with us. Apply by sending in your cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] quoting the position and the reference number- RefN0.TREES/EAA/05/22 on the subject line.
Trees is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
- This role is open to applicants based in Kenya or Metro Washington, DC region with frequent travel to Kenya (25-50%). Other locations may be considered for outstanding candidates.
N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs