View all 983 Jobs
Job vacancy OFA Database Administrator
View all 983 Jobs
OFA Database Administrator Job
IT Jobs In Kenya.
Job Ref. No. JLIL065
Position: OFA Database Administrator
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest
Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya,
Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities
Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. The position holder will report to the Enterprise Systems Lead and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary)
The role holder will support and maintain Oracle EBS R12 across multiple instances for production, UAT and development environment. Working knowledge in Oracle EBS 12.X architecture, installation, patching, cloning, backups & recovery, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of online patching of EBS application patches
- Experience working with WebLogic administration
- Working knowing on setting up environment on RAC
- Troubleshooting and resolve issues related to oracle workflows/ integrations /ODI
- Design and build database, schemes, and database objects
- Working knowledge of version oracle database 11g/12c/19c
- Set up routine database backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Setup of disaster recovery site for production environment and monitor of the same
- Design and implement database security schemas
- Assist developers and end-users with database usage, query development, and tuning
- Perform cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracles Rapid Clone methodology
- Good exposure on RMAN, ASM, Dataguard, Datapump Utilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or any other related field.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Experience in release 11/12
- Experience in Oracle RAC
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Oracle applications database administration
- Working knowledge in Oracle EBS 12.X architecture, installation, patching, cloning, backups & recovery, and performance tuning.
- Completed minimum 5 end to end installation on R12.
- Experience on working with EBS on cloud environment.
- Experience in recovering application & database in case of any eventuality.
- 3-5 years’ experience in technology/data roles
- Experience with relational database systems (MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA)
- Advanced skills in data scripting and database development technologies (SQL, C#, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Java, Batch Scripting)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
How To Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via
[email protected] quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 30th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs