View all 985 Jobs
Job vacancy Project Assistant
View all 985 Jobs
Project Management Jobs In Kenya.
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities regardless of race, color and religion, and without expecting anything in return.IR started operations in Kenya in 1993 on orphan’s sponsorship programme through a local CBO in Mandera District, Northern Kenya. It opened its fully fledged office in March in 2006 at the height of drought in the Horn of Africa. Since then, IR has been providing humanitarian and development assistance to vulnerable communities. Over these years it has implemented various development and relief activities in Mandera. This has remarkably changed the lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged communities. In January 2010, IRK extended its operation to Wajir County, neighbouring Mandera, in January 2012 expanded to Garissa and Dadaab, and in October 2017 opened a programme office in Kilifi County.
Islamic Relief Kenya is currently focusing on three major themes: Sustainable Community Empowerment, Food security and livelihoods, Disaster Risk reduction (DRR); and Inclusive and protection.
IR Kenya, with financial support from UNAIDS and in collaboration with the Garissa County Government, will be implementing a one-year project that seeks to Strengthen Community tolerance towards People Living with HIV/AIDS in Garissa County. The project aims at increasing advocacy by Faith partners and other stakeholders to enhance positive influence on HIV policy and practices towards the achievement of HIV targets in Garissa County and to enhance knowledge on HIV prevention, testing, treatment, and care and support activities in Garissa County. IR Kenya intends to work with faith leaders and community/opinion leaders champions of change. Key project activities will include training and capacity building of faith leaders and community leaders on how to positively influence HIV/AIDS tolerance and stigma eradication in community.
Islamic Relief Kenya in its pursuit to support and strengthen its operations, seeks to employ motivated, hardworking and pro-active individuals to fill in the following position.
Duties and responsibilities
Project planning and implementation
- Support the development of materials for trained faith leaders to be used as action tools during community sensitization forums.
- Support HIV mentorship programs in schools and madras in the county.
- Create awareness on HIV through local FM radios.
- Assistant project activities Implementation and ensure compliance with plans and IRK standards.
- Assist capacity building of faith leaders and opinion makers on how to positively influence HIV AIDS tolerance and stigma eradication in the community.
- Support community awareness trainings on HIV prevention, testing, treatment, care and support.
- Organize rapid Organizational capacity assessments to identify capacity gaps and strengths of health care facilities in providing HIV-related services to local communities.
- Support to the development of action plans for sustainable engagements of faith leaders in the national and county HIV response
- Ensure participation of inter faith partners in the multi-stakeholder process of the elaboration of the new global Aids strategy.
- Document and report any protection related concerns
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate and timely action.
- Participate in the research survey by IRK or partners by collecting, analysing and submitting relevant data and reports.
- Assist timely submission of project reports to line managers and MEAL department for feedback
- Conduct documentation of project progress through case studies, stories, photos, videos, among others.
- Prepare monthly activity cash request for facilitation by the finance department.
- Participate and contribute in partners coordination forums and further prepare a catalogue of partners in Garissa.
- Conduct social mobilization to sensitize the community on the project activities.
- Assist in the development of project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of UNAIDS project.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications and reporting
- Ensure the project target achievement is in line with the plans and result framework
- Develop project implementation tools including Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), M&E Plans, Procurement Plans, Communication plan, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary.
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Ensure timely submission of project reports as per IR and Donor requirements.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of project implementation at field Level.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly, quarterly, annually narrative and financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the IRK’s M&E System, Core humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other relevant policies.
Coordination and Networking
- Coordinate with other partners working in the area in support of programme,
- Represent IRK at relevant stakeholder forums as may be requested by the line Managers
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, clinical medicine, Community Health or any other related field with at least 3 years of experience with NGOs works.
- Minimum of at least three years’ experience in Community Health, Public Health or HIV & AIDS projects implementation.
- Experience in projects planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in HIV & AIDS
- Past work experience with the similar geographical context is desirable.
NB: This is a field-based position therefore locals are encouraged to applyN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here . NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . Check Out Best short Courses For You.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs