View all 1236 Jobs
Job vacancy Electro-Mechanical Engineer
View all 1236 Jobs
Recours 4 Kenya
Organization Name: Thika Water and Sewerage Company – Thiwasco
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
- Job Purpose:
- The Electro-Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical Engineer will lead the implementation of mechanical, electrical and Instrumentation projects and troubleshooting electronics related faults on pumps, instruments, machines and
equipment. The Engineer will report to the Chief Manager – Technical Services
- Head, supervise and provide guidance to the electromechanical section
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the policies, processes and procedures to achieve the institutions objectives.
- Design and implement electronic control systems for mechanical equipment.
- Analyze existing engineering and production procedures and design improvements.
- Assist in designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Design, develop and implement control circuits or algorithms for automation of
electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair company equipment and related systems, which
includes pumping & power generating equipment, pressure, level and flow measuring equipment (AMR meters/smart meters).
- Read and interpret a variety of technical manuals, charts, schematics, blueprints
and gauges to troubleshoot equipment.
- Use, operate and maintain electronic test equipment, computer hardware and software associated with the testing and adjusting of equipment.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems or system components to maximize efficiency of production.
- Planning and monitoring respective electromechanical related technical projects by
preparing budgets, cash flows and time schedules to ensure no cost overrun.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs and upgrade the design of such devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Ensure the proper communication and coordination between the Electrical Team,
Maintenance and Production Teams in different departments.
- Provide consultation and guidance on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Benchmarking and Implementing best practices in respective areas of work and
- Perform any other tasks as required by the management from time to time.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- A holder of a Degree in Electro-Mechanical Mechatronic/Electrical and electronic Engineering or equivalent from a reputable and accredited University.
- At-least 5 years relevant experience in a busy environment.
- Should be a member of a professional body.
- Knowledgeable in SCADA and PLC systems.
- Possession of Leadership, Engineering, Analytical and Employee Relation Skills.
- Possession of good leadership, team player with good communication and IT skills.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must provide evidence of compliance
to Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution requirements for integrity by providing the
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Clearance (EACC).
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; Thika Water and Sewerage Company – Thiwasco Electro-Mechanical Engineer – Jobs in Kenya
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 15 Oct, 2021JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
See all jobs