View all 181 Jobs
Job vacancy Service Technician
View all 181 Jobs
Our client, in the automotive industry, is seeking to recruit a Service Technician to be based in Mombasa, Kenya . The ideal candidate will be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems. He/she provide defect reports and ensure overall workmanship carried out in each vehicle meets the Quality Standards hence customer satisfaction. He/she must have at least 2 years of experience working in workshop operations. The successful candidate will go through 2 – 3 Months of training in Nairobi before relocating to Mombasa.
- Carry out general repairs and service as per customer needs.
- Managing self-productivity and efficiency – clocking on/off operational hours on the job card.
- Team technical assistance and support where necessary.
- Live the principle of “Right first time – Every time”.
- always Manage repeat jobs through root cause analysis and countermeasures and ensuring quality adherence.
- Overhaul of units i.e., engines, automatic/manual transmission gearboxes, differential units.
- Accurate vehicle diagnosis as per customer needs.
- Generate timely and accurate technical, defect & repair reports.
- Routine inspection technicians’ toolbox and special tools.
- Ensure cleanliness of tools, trays Equipment & the working bay.
- Road test and certify proper completion of repairs where necessary.
- Adherence to use of PPE for your safety & the environment.
- Always ensure compliance to EHS legislation.
- Ensure that company (legal) policies and procedures are adhered to and always followed.
- Tools Management: quarterly review of repairs/replacement needs of defective tools in discussion with the service team leader.
- Keep up to date with product range & technical know-how.
- Ensure technical self-skills development – (STEP)training.
- Must have a relevant Diploma in Mechanical Field.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience in workshop operations.
- Must be proficient in Motor Vehicles service/repairs and operations.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in workshop operations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing to relocate to Mombasa.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs