View all 182 Jobs
Job vacancy Construction Engineering Manager
View all 182 Jobs
Construction Engineering Manager
Our client, the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa is looking to recruit a Construction Engineering Manager . The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, designing solutions, and managing construction crews until the projects are complete. The ideal candidate MUST have 15+ years of working experience in construction management or project engineering.
- Perform independent investment research on assigned areas.
- Gather input and construction requests from stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and preliminary budget for requested projects.
- Review current projects underway and align on completion timeline with stakeholders.
- Design proposed solution and budget; iterate with stakeholder feedback.
- Manage internal construction crews to complete identified works ensuring quality and design requirements are met.
- Hire and manage contractors to complete identified works as necessary, ensuring price and quality requirements.
- Engage senior management proactively on progress reports across the construction pipeline.
- Identify and raise roadblocks quickly with stakeholders to reduce/eliminate delays.
- Prioritize construction projects with stakeholders when team capacity is limited.
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering is required.
- MUST have experience in delivering large-scale engineering projects in Kenya.
- MUST have 15+ years in construction management or project engineering.
- Ability to thrive while working collaboratively with colleagues, identifying and solving problems independently in a fast-paced
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.