View all 181 Jobs
Job vacancy Electrical Maintenance Engineer
View all 181 Jobs
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our client, an international company being part of a Renewable Energy project, is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer with experience in high voltage maintenance & servicing of the transmission and distribution networks for their project in Kaijado. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer is responsible to provide professional electrical engineering services and technical support to the operations & maintenance department for repairing, redesigning, modifying, and re-engineering of electrical equipment to improve quality and productivity. He/she will also ensure that the high voltage systems are running with minimum downtime. He/ she will join the growing operations & maintenance team, within a fast-paced and sociable environment and will play a key role in the companies continued growth.
- Supervise junior staff assigned to work with him/her and ensure adherence to all stipulated health and safety procedures, policies and practices.
- Assist maintenance supervisor to explore electrical requirements, maintenance manuals and maintenance procedures to design and establish a preventative maintenance program.
- Analyze and define problems for electrical equipment/ installations and recommend intervention measures that focus on reduction of maintenance costs.
- Re-design re-engineers and/or retrofits electrical equipment that needs upgrading.
- Assist the maintenance supervisor to define and scope electrical projects, make engineering drawings or layouts, write engineering reports, make cost estimates and make recommendations.
- Define, prepare and control work order jobs (electrical). Prepares work instructions, orders and secures spare parts for jobs to be completed.
- Act swiftly to make on-the-spot repairs when electrical systems and machinery malfunction.
- Plan and satisfactorily carry out both predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of all electrical/ electronic equipment, components, and installations.
- Perform regular tests to new and existing electrical systems, equipment, and machinery.
- Review maintenance schedules and adjust them as necessary to keep systems functioning at peak levels.
- Prepare timely reports of works performed, timely weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in High Voltage (33/220kV) Electrical Maintenance and operation of the main transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, current transformers, voltage transformers, power switches, auxiliary services transformers, control panels and surge arresters amongst other electrical power installations.
- Understanding of operation and maintenance of diesel generators of up to 500Kva.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings, process flow charts and troubleshoot faults.
- Basic understanding of Distribution Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and SCADA systems.
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and numerous MS software applications. i.e, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Switching certification by KPLC and a basic understanding of the power system Grid layout in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Highly detail-oriented and have keen observatory skills.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs