View all 837 Jobs
Job vacancy Actuarial & Business Statistic Manager Kenyan Jobs
View all 837 Jobs
Actuarial & Business Statistic Manager Kenyan Jobs
Actuarial and Business Statistic Manager Job, Actuarial Science Jobs 2021,
Role title: Actuarial and Business Statistic Manager ,
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible to coordinate all Actuarial function responsibilities, product development pricing and valuation while ensuring full statutory actuarial compliance and reporting. The incumbent shall have competence and capacity to execute and manage the following key functional responsibilities:
Actuarial Function Responsibilities
- Present actuarial reports to the board and management from time to time
- Facilitate review of new products by the statutory actuary and provide feedback to management
- Ensure that all valuation data is received in time for the valuation exercise
- Review valuation assumptions and recommend changes where necessary
- Review valuation parameters and change where necessary in consultation with the CEO
- Review valuation results and make the monthly management report
- Review liability levels and advice the finance department accordingly.
- Review and recommend on appropriate product pricing for existing and new products
- Continuously review the level of value provided by our products to the policyholders
- Review and recommend appropriate profitability levels for all products on a monthly/quarterly basis
- In liaison with the other departments, roll out the implementation and training timetable
Reinsurance Accounting Responsibilities
- Render assistance in handling cash flow by properly notifying the treasury department of all complex receipts and expenditures and manage disbursements to involve verification of all customer requests for remittance and to guarantee agreement with contract specifications.
- Organize monthly and quarterly record entries applicable to reinsurance.
- Reassess and organize seriously intricate domestic and international insurance and unexplained treaty accounts.
- Help in evaluating financial interpretations every month and on quarterly basis.
- Discover and give reports on observations to the management, as necessary.
- Balance monthly cash statement to validate that amounts are booked accurately for all levels of the business.
- Re-evaluate profit commissions accounts and modify retrospective benefits.
- Carry out calculations of unresolved premiums and audit relative treaty offers following treaty conditions.
- Manage distinctive projects and activities as designated by management.
Business Statistics and Product Evaluation Responsibilities
- Driving the execution of all product lifecycle processes for the product line including product research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, product launch.
- Selecting and assessing risks in terms of product design, technical and underwriting regulations, and portfolio management.
- Assessing risk and devising specific insurance policies.
- Working closely with the Business Development and Marketing team in the interest of satisfying customer demands.
- Monitoring the competition and the regulatory environment, identifying and analysing major changes in the industry.
- Looking for possible new partners for the introduction of new services and product features.
- Managing underlying business risks and tracking product profitability.
- Assuring product aligns with the company strategy and goals.
- Defining the value proposition and positioning platform for the product line.
- Coordinating product training for a variety of stakeholders.
- Providing expert input into product development activity, supporting competitor analysis and market intelligence.
- Coordinate review of new products and sign off by the Commissioner of Insurance
- Must be a member of Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or its equivalent.
- Must have attained a Fellowship Qualification.
- Graduate: Actuarial Science
- At least 7 years working experience in an actuarial function or consultancy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to work on big data
- Extensive knowledge in financial forecasting and statistical Modelling
- Ability to work in a team sharing knowledge and providing guidance and technical advice
- Knowledge of East Africa regulatory regime for insurers.
- Knowledge of reporting methodologies, e.g. IFRS.
- A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
- Experience in business development in the insurance and financial services sectors.
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably
- Modelling (e.g. Prophet, Axis, Igloo, Re Metrica );
- Programming (e.g. VBA, .NET, R, Python);
How to apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to [email protected] indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 7th May, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here . It's FREE
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs