View all 639 Jobs
Job vacancy Global Lead - Carbon Finance
View all 639 Jobs
Recours 4 Kenya
Global Lead - Carbon Finance
Organization Name: Conservation International
Job Title: Global Lead – Carbon Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
- Conservation International is an industry leader in developing, communicating, and financing natural climate solutions (NCS) to better protect, manage and restore carbon-rich ecosystems, particularly with private sector partners. Together with the SVP of Conservation Finance, the Global Lead, Carbon Finance will be responsible for building on our existing programs and manage the exponential growth expected over the coming years.
- The Global Lead is responsible for leading a team of carbon finance professionals and working across CI to source and finance a portfolio of high quality natural climate solutions projects, creating industry leading partnerships with the private sector and connecting with field programs to ensure delivery of ambitious climate and conservation targets.
- To be successful, the Global Lead needs extensive knowledge and experience on climate change and environmental markets, as well as demonstrated experience in development of conservation finance and carbon deals, especially NCS (REDD+, blue carbon, restoration etc). The position is expected to source and develop industry leading NCS financing deals and manage a growing team to execute this vision. They must be able to articulate an actionable plan for rapidly scaling up our sales and marketing activities and comfortable sharing and driving that vision with Conservation InternationaI staff, leadership, and board, in high level forums, with external companies and partners, and with the implementing programs to drive ongoing buy-in, resourcing, and execution. The role will require a breadth of skills across a variety of topics including business management, project management, finance, science, policy, markets and technology.
Build and lead a global team to finance Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) and/or carbon-crediting projects eligible under voluntary and compliance carbon schemes, including:
- Develop new distribution channels – both retail and B2B- for high quality (environmental and social) emission reductions and strategic partnerships meant to rapidly increase the pace of investment in Natural Climate Solutions.
- Connect with other corporate-facing divisions of CI to develop and maintain high-impact sustainability-focused partnerships and marketing campaigns.
- Manage and build a team of corporate account leads focused on driving corporate climate action and incorporate NCS investment in Paris-aligned climate targets.
- Assist and/or lead on the development of strategies to ensure that CI continues to be the preferred partner for high quality NCS investments.
Support a global team to originate, structure, and finance new emission reduction and/or carbon-crediting projects eligible under voluntary and compliance carbon schemes, including:
- Together with the SVP, Carbon Fund Technical Director, and Field Programs, develop CI “flagship” carbon projects in the region that incorporate all aspects of high-quality NCS projects including deep local and indigenous community engagement and partnership, protection of all key ecological attributes, engagement of governments and other stakeholders, and implementation of robust monitoring and verification approaches.
- Build high-quality project pipeline with key external partners including NGOs, governments, local communities and private developers; identify and engage a network of project developers, implementation partners and local and international NGOs; ensure high-quality NCS project pipeline with partners and facilitate monitoring and verification, high-quality technical standards and appropriate community and other safeguards.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 8 May, 2021JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
- Employee | Full Time | 8 May, 2021JOB BYRecours Four Kenya Consultants Ltd
See all jobs