Job vacancy Pharmacy Manager
View all 163 Jobs
Our client, an upcoming high-end private hospital in the leafy suburbs of Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Pharmacy Manager who will be in a supervisory role in overseeing the workflow of the Pharmacy Department. The ideal candidate Must have over 10 years’ experience in a similar role and have experience setting up the department.
- Manage pharmacy operations, supervising staff, performing administrative duties, and buying and selling non-pharmaceutical merchandise.
- Assess the identity, strength and purity of medications prescribed and issued.
- Teach pharmacy students serving as interns in preparation for their graduation or licensure.
- Publish educational information for other pharmacists, doctors, and /or patients.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Ensure stock take is regularly conducted, and variance reporting is conducted timely.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, and registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Provide specialized services to help patients manage their conditions.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health care supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics.
- Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Assure services are in compliance with professional standards, and state requirements.
- Provide leadership to pharmacy technicians and ensure they aware of and compliant with their job responsibilities.
- A degree in Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications.
- Valid practicing license.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 14 Nov, 2020JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
See all jobs