Job vacancy Laboratory Manager
View all 161 Jobs
Our client, an upcoming high-end private hospital in the leafy suburbs of Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager who will be responsible for organizing and controlling all aspects of the laboratory environment at the hospital and supervise general workflow. The ideal candidate Must have 10 years of experience and have excellent technical knowledge in relevant laboratory areas including hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis.
- Organize and manage the workflow in the laboratory by overseeing the workflow and production to ensure timelines for reporting results to clients are met.
- Delegate work amongst the various technicians by overseeing of staff and activities of the lab distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel-related functions.
- Monitor outputs and keep records of workflow and usage of supplies within the laboratory.
- Supervise the ordering and delivery of new supplies.
- Test and calibrate equipment to ensure optimum results, monitor chemistry in equipment and evaluate and assess new equipment.
- Perform quality tests and ensure the company meets its quality assurance standards.
- Make risk assessments for the laboratory and ensure that the company’s Health & Safety policy is observed.
- Offer cover for laboratory staff when required.
- Ensure the physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are adequate and appropriate for the various tests to be performed.
- Maintain the overall performance of the lab including quality of results, timeliness of results, specimen integrity, and the prompt resolution to missing and problem specimens.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on instruments. Assist with the managing of labor costs.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining production standards and laboratory goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of testing under the guidelines of Quality Control and adherence to the Standards Operating Procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the laboratory passes Quality Assurance inspections by monitoring all Quality Assurance records and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology or Medical Technology preferred.
- Generalist laboratory background with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge in relevant laboratory areas including hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urinalysis.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, energetic, able to solve problems and work in a diverse laboratory environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Demonstrated leadership and a history of excellent attendance with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational, computer and record-keeping skills.
- Experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Mouse Genetics.
- Must be fully registered Allied Health Professionals Council.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 14 Nov, 2020JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
See all jobs