Job vacancy Control Room Operator
View all 163 Jobs
Control Room Operator
A company involved in a Renewable Energy project in Kenya is seeking a Control Room Operator with at least 5yrs of experience having worked in a Power plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational aspects of the power plant. He/she will ensure safe and efficient start-up, operation and shutdown of the turbines and balance of plant equipment from inside the control room as well as Operate the generation assets in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable requirements. Experience having worked in Wind Power plant is an added advantage.
- Verifying the safe and effective operation of the Power Plant, including ancillary and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment as assigned.
- Identify basic abnormal operations for undocumented situations.
- Collaborate with National Control Center operators, Substation Operators and maintenance personnel to implement scheduled maintenance plans.
- Recording data, log information and compile and distribute reports as required.
- Maintain continuous coverage and responsibility while on-duty.
- Complete required internal and external training requirements and certifications.
- Assist in training of subordinate personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance when the plant is not operating.
- Perform tests on critical systems as necessary to ensure availability.
- Perform and direct equipment isolation in accordance with plant lockout/tagout procedures.
- Coordinate the hourly distribution of generation forecasts with the KPLC National Control Center.
- Monitor and record plant operating parameters inside the control room.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Electro-mechanical engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience working in a plant.
- Experience in plant maintenance.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex data.
- Experience handling contractual issues related to plant operations and maintenance.
- Conversant with SCADA and starting and shutting down operation from the control room.
- Fully conversant with aligning, switching and paralleling electrical equipment and systems.
- Able to handle stress and be flexible.
- Strong communication skills and experience managing a team.
- Hands-on, proactive and an excellent problem solver.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 14 Nov, 2020JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
See all jobs