Job vacancy Chief Accountant
View all 159 Jobs
Our client, a family-owned but independently run Dairy food processing company in Nyamira County, Kenya is seeking to recruit the expertise of a Chief Accountant. He/ She will be responsible for will direct and oversee all of the financial activities, overall financial management and systems, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth. The successful candidates Must have experience working in the Manufacturing Sector, working with Sage ERP and Must be Gujarati/Hindi/Punjabi speaking.
- Leading and managing the performance of the finance team.
- Recruitment and Training Finance staff.
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and standard operating processes (SOPs).
- Preparing timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments and cash-flow management reports.
- Developing and monitoring the annual Company’s budget.
- Liaising with external auditors, regulators and other third parties.
- Managing and implementing internal audit findings.
- Assessing investment opportunities, projects.
- Enhancing internal control systems within the company.
- Management of cost-saving initiatives.
- Overseeing monthly VAT/ withholding tax returns and reconciliations.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with banks.
- Negotiating with banks and other service providers on behalf of the Directors.
- Providing recommendations on how to improve the company balance sheet, P&L and cash-flows.
- Signing LPOs, authorizing payments and signing cheques.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is MANDATORY.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Must be a registered professional of good standing with a relevant body (ICPAK).
- Must have previously supervised a Finance function with more than 3 employees.
- Must have seven (7) years in a finance department, 3 of which must be at a senior level.
- Experience in working with the accounting system.
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Good understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Financial planning and reporting skills.
- A strategic and creative thinker.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs