Job vacancy Production Engineer
View all 607 Jobs
Production Engineer Job
Production Engineer Job, Latest Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Designed, engineered, and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged, and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Production Engineer interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Production Team.
The Production team ensures that Mobius Motors executes a rigorous, efficient manufacturing process to deliver product on time, first-time right, and at the right cost. This encompasses the following areas:
- Production Strategy – Implement a market-relevant strategy to produce Mobius vehicle portfolio cost-efficiently, while improving regional industrialization
- Adaptive Production – Implement smart, contextualized production methods through innovative thinking, adapting technologies, and integrating select upstream processes in-house
- Productionization – Translate vehicle from design and prototyping stage into a systematic production process that can be scaled up to higher volumes
- Lean Manufacturing – Unrelenting focus on continuous improvement and elimination of waste in production, resulting in high-quality, profitable vehicles manufactured in a safe environment
Every member of the Production team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas Responsibilities
- Set-Up: Define and develop manufacturing processes for body shop, paint shop and general assembly with the focus on achieving quality, safety, and efficiency targets.
- Tooling & equipment: Specify, source, install & commission the required tools and equipment required in production. Train TL & TM in use of the above.
- Re-Rating + Line Balancing: Adjust production set-up as required to achieve production targets; ensure the production lines operate efficiently based on available/forecast resources and output targets.
- Design Input: Provide input to technical team during design and prototyping to ensure that design-for-manufacturing/assembly principles are incorporated.
- Processes: Develop detailed cyclic and non-cyclic processes documentation (procedure/TIS/SOP/JES/SOS) and train the users.
- Process FMEA: Implement PFMEA process to define process risks, identify actions to reduce risk and implement the same. Coordinate annual PFMEA review sessions.
- Production BOM: Develop and maintain the production bill of material, manage running or coordinated changes to ensure a product manufactured to technical specifications.
- Process adherence: Identify critical processes and failed processes, audit the same on a regular basis, provide feedback and support to help drive compliance.
- Tracking & reporting: Track relevant data and provide reports to support the Plant to improve its performance and achieve its KPI’s.
- Problem Solving: Lead & coordinate problem solving initiatives to help drive performance improvements in Plant KPI’s.
- Continuous Improvement: Implement continuous improvement initiatives and processes to drive operational efficiency (cost), quality & safety by reducing waste.
- Change Management: Coordinate the implementation material, machine, method & environment changes while maintaining stable operations to protect throughput, safety, and quality.
- Lean Coach: Help build a Lean Manufacturing culture by embracing, coaching, and teaching lean principles through all disciplines in the Plant.
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with different teams to achieve company goals.
- Performance Management: Use the company performance system to create alignment of expectations, mutual understanding of actual performance, and support means to improve performance.
Health and Safety
- Discipline: Maintain safe and healthy work environment by leading by example and ensuring that fellow employees follows standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- PPE: Proper and appropriate use of PPE’s, and ensuring tools & equipment are in a safe working condition when performing operations in the Plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Lean Manufacturing SME/Coach
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 to 10 years of experience in automotive production at a recognised OEM
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Leading of teams, own & cross functional
- Be able to drive and see continuous improvement opportunities
- Automotive experience in production as well as support functions
- Understanding and implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Creative thinker that can work under pressure
- Understand basic business fundamentals & financials
- Operational & strategic planning
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Swahili and English
- Be a good listener
- Cross functional & multidisciplinary team player
- Have the ability to work with third party companies
- Be a coach and a teacher to all levels of the organization
How To Apply
**Please note that the application channel is [email protected]
The job title should be the subject of the email. Deadline is 25th September 2020
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs