Job vacancy Planning Engineer
View all 607 Jobs
Planning Engineer Job
Network Transport Planning Engineer Job, Latest Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Network Transport Planning Engineer,
Region : Nairobi,
Reporting to: Manager Network Transport Planning,
Department: Technology Division,
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The incumbent will be responsible for IP and fibre Networks, modelling, planning, design and optimization of reliable transmission systems in support of fixed services and mobile services back haul requirements.
- Preparing bill of quantities for network relocations, rehabilitation and project proposals
- Ensuring availability of materials for on-going projects
- Design and implementation of main backbone Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) trunk networks
- Design of branch distribution optic fiber cable links i.e. exchange/node to exchange/node OFC links (Metro, FTTB and FTTH implementation.
- Constantly updating and maintain the company’s’ master plan for fixed access networks.
- Drawing / amending / updating TKL Network diagrams
- Plan and Design Transmission, IP and fibre Networks –Microwave, DWDM, SDH,IP and fibre
- Transmission/IP network optimization
- Frequency Management
- Roadmap tracking
- Project Management
- Vendor management
- Transmission/IP systems database & inventory management
- Holder of BSC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication or related course
- Have at least at least 3 years’ experience in IP/transmission or fiber planning
- Optic Fibre design & planning
- Outside plant engineering technique
- Project Management
- Way leave acquisition
- Proficient in MapInfo, Google Earth/Map,AutoCAD, GIS
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside Telkom Kenya and outside Telkom Kenya
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and communication skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Application should be sent to [email protected] by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs