Job vacancy Strategic Information Lead
Strategic Information Lead
IT Jobs In Kenya.Background:
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention (DREAMS, KP, VMMC & FISHERFORK), Care and Treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SI Lead will manage all monitoring, evaluation and learning and strategic information components of the program. S/he will be responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that document, report and enable timely use of results, as well as strengthen and use relevant national and county reporting systems. S/he will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with donor’s results framework, including appropriate indicators, baseline assessment plan/ data, targets and plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. S/he will be responsible for the design and implementation of the learning agenda, as well as implementing key findings in the program in collaboration with the technical director. S/he will coordinate the collection of data and conduct field visits for data validation, quality, and completeness of data sets. He will be responsible for building the capacity of the supported facilities, county health team and project staff in collecting, utilizing, and disseminate data as well as ensuring harmonization of all data.
- Oversee, implement and monitor all monitoring and evaluation activities for the program.
- Develop a robust strategic information approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and technical assistance demand.
- Design and implement an M&E system capable of timely tracking performance and using the data to adjust implementation for optimal performance
- Conduct training and workshops related to M&E for program, county, sub-county and facility teams
- Ensure timely reporting of supported activities to county, MoH and donor through DHIS2 and DATIM
- Scale up use of HMIS systems for HIV including eHTS, KenyaEMR
- Work with PI/PD/Senior Technical Advisor to establish networks for collaboration between CDC, other stakeholders and donors, academia, research institutes, and other CDC funded programs in country
- Work with PI/PD and technical team in developing program goals and objectives as well as MER tools and strategies and synthesize data to inform the decisions on project performance
- Provide regular reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to PI, PD, Senior Technical Advisor and CDC and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and outcomes for documentation and sharing lessons learned and best practices
- Collaborate with MOH M&E department, Health informatics and Data warehouse to create platform for dialogue, data sharing, and addressing key M&E issues within MOH
- Strong understanding of Kenya health information systems, and issues related to data (e.g. data security; tracking through the cascade etc.) on key and priority populations
- Master of Science in IT, Epidemiology and/or Statistics with 10 years of experience in international health programs, at least 5 of which are with PEPFAR-funded programs and 3 of which are CDC-funded.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluation and implementation research, health information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation.
- Must have prior experience in capacity building, such as developing content, planning, and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
- Preferred familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Proficient in use of data management and analysis tools and advanced skills in MS Excel or statistical packages such SAS, SPSS
How to Apply
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 21 Feb, 2024JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
- Employee | Full Time | 20 Feb, 2024JOB BYSummit Recruitment & Search Ltd
See all jobs