View all 62 Jobs
Job vacancy Accounts Assistant
View all 62 Jobs
· Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Finance Manager.
· Posting of LPOS on the accounting software.
· Record all transfers received by the company through the bank
· Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
· Prepare daily cash position and weekly highlight report
· Post all monthly transfers to the sites and ascertain their usage is supported by necessary documents
· Audit site material usage ascertaining work done and material balances monthly
· Liase with operations and sites for accounting of fuel usage weekly for the purpose of payment
· File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing
· Maintain a spreadsheet of cost per item of all regular expense items
· Monitor and pay all head offices bills including site rents with strict accountability on monthly basis
· Review and query petty cash payments from the sites
· Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgement of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
· Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
· Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT, and NSSF & NHIF.
· Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
· Oversee proper recordings of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
· Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare budget for the sites & review any variances
· Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time
· Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure and keep an updated list of all company assets
· Manage rent records and vet in potential tenants and produce monthly rent reports to be presented to the directors by end of every month
· To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
· Doing bank reconciliation by the 10th of each month
Key requirements, skills and qualifications
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or CPA (K) or other equivalent professional qualification in accounting
· Proficiency in computer application packages and quick books
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience
· Well-developed Interpersonal skills
· High integrity, honesty, initiative and team-player
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
How to Apply
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs